Program Length: 3 years
When you accept applications: all year
Do you accept online applications? Yes
For our program, the minimum entry requirements are as follows:
- Minimum age of 18
- High school diploma or GED
- If you will graduate High School in 2019, we will accept your application for the SPRING/SUMMER 2019 Testing. Please note on your application when you will graduate.
- Good physical condition
- The ability to pass drug and alcohol screenings
- Have a valid drivers’ license and access to a car – many job sites are in remote areas not served by public transportation
- Pass muster with our apprenticeship committee.
Structural ironworkers work primarily on industrial, commercial and large residential buildings erecting and installing pre-cast beams, columns and panels.
Install and erect metal stairways, catwalks, gratings, doors, railings, fencing, elevator fronts and building entrances.
Rigging and machinery moving ironworkers load, unload, move and set machinery, structural steel and curtain walls.