Western PA Operating Engineers JATC
In Pennsylvania: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Bedford, Blair, Butler, Cambria, Cameron, Centre, Clarion, Clearfield, Clinton, Crawford, Elk, Erie, Fayette, Forest, Franklin, Fulton, Greene, Huntingdon, Indiana, Jefferson, Lawrence, McKean, Mercer, Mifflin, Potter, Somerset, Venango, Warren, Washington, Westmoreland.
In Ohio: Columbiana, Mahoning, Trumbull.
Thank you for your interest in the Operating Engineers. Please complete the form below to get started.
"*" indicates required fields
They will be notified if their application is accepted and instructed where and when to take their test
Program Length: 4 years
When you accept applications: December of each year
Do you accept online applications? Yes
For our program, the minimum entry requirements are as follows:
- Reside in one of the 33 counties of Western Pennsylvania or Columbiana, Mahoning or Trumbull counties of Ohio for a minimum of 6 months.
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of acceptance into the program.
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Have a valid Pennsylvania or Ohio driver’s license
- Have dependable transportation
- Pass a Department of Transportation physical exam
- Pass a drug test – Drug use is not tolerated in the construction industry where safety is a life and death issue
Operate heavy machinery on construction sites
Skilled in the repair and maintenance of all heavy equipment and machinery used on jobsites